To ensure everyone feels comfortable and confident using the new infrastructure, Lambeth continues to support residents to take up walking and cycling:
- Free cycle training, cycle parking and support for community events is available to everyone that lives within the area and can be booked via Lambeth's active travel page
- Pedestrian training delivered at Ashmole and St Stephen’s C.E Primary schools, providing children with the knowledge and skills needed for independent journeys to and from school
- A School Street planned at Ashmole Primary School. This will introduce a temporary closure zone to Hanover Gardens, helping to reduce road danger and air pollution at the school gates, while encouraging safe walking, cycling and scooting
- Cycle Confident delivered Level 1 Bikeability training to St Stephen’s Primary School in April 2021
- Numerous Dr Bike Sessions within the Oval to Stockwell Triangle LTN, providing experienced mechanics and free bike services to those within or travelling through the area
- Road Danger Awareness Theatre offered to all primary schools and secondary schools in Lambeth. The aim is to raise awareness around the health and environmental benefits of active travel and awareness around road danger.
- Scooter training also will be offered to all primary schools after Easter 2022.